- a) Human Spirit, A former human associated with the people or place that has not let go of the material realm after dying.
- b) Elemental Haunting, a "non-human" haunting; i.e., a spirit that was not formerly a human being.
- c) Poltergeist Haunting, an entity that appears to be attached to human (predominantly adolescent and female). These entities wreak havoc by throwing and moving objects, starting fires, manifesting objects out of the air. The word "poltergeist" means "noisy ghost".
Thursday, January 6, 2011
by: Debra Page
1) Intelligent Haunting, whereby the spiritor spirits involved interact with direct responses to the investigators. Within the category of the Intelligent Haunting, we have:
2) Residual Haunting, whereby the phenomenon is an imprint of a historical event upon the environment. The event is usually one that created strong emotions in the people who lived it, such as a murder, attack, or shocking news. Positive emotions, such as attachment to a place can also create residual haunting. Theoretically, the event is recorded in the environment and replayed over time under specific circumstances.
This paper will be an overview of the elemental, a class of non-human haunting, in an attempt to clarify the classification.